Monday, May 3, 2010

Completing the Wolf Trail

Hello Cub Scout Parents!
 .
On Tuesday, May 11th, our Den Meeting will be a field trip to City Park for instruction in Bike and Road Safety. This will complete the Wolf Trail for most of the boys – provided everyone has done their homework these last few months!
 .
In order to get everyone's Wolf Book's updated and properly signed off, I would like for all parents to go through your son's book this week, and sign as Akela/parent for every achievement your son has completed. You'll be surprised how much your son has done, at meetings, on field trips, and of course at home with you. Remember that activities the boys participate in at school, in other groups such as 4H, sports teams or church outings, or at home or on vacation with the family also count toward the Cub Scout requirements. Also remember that I have a spreadsheet listing all the achievements each boy has completed at Den meetings, so if you miss any, I will help fill in the gaps in those areas. But only you are the experts on what has been achieved at home, school etc., so please make it formal and sign off!
.
Please be sure to bring your son's book with you to the Den Meeting at the park on May 11th. I will collect all of the books at that meeting, and take them home with me, so I can sign off as Den Leader on all achievements for all of the boys. I'll return the completed books to you at the meeting on Tuesday, May 18th. If you can't be at the meeting on the 11th, please get your book to me sometime that week. The easiest way would probably be to drop it by my office. If I am not there when you visit, you can just leave it with the receptionist – she'll get it to me!
.
Thank you!